Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fire emblem General Rant part 1


By Phantom:

There are things that are a must if a fire emblem wants my attention; Storyline, characters, setting(world and map) and upgrades (classes, races, self incertation, etc specified later on), if one of these 4 aspects are lacking developement or simply isn't put, the game for me stands as a failure of the series.
So as you can guess, I'll score each of the ones I've played and get a total sum up.



Not long ago I played again through FE Radiant Dawn for the Wii and of course, because I am pretty much into the story of the Path of Radiance one the continuation was warmly cuddled as I was wide-eyed open to any new pop outs of the storyline.


This last said, fire emblem in general is a pictured comic where the dialogue (and time to time ilustrations) is the only way to understand what is going on, in other words, if you like reading chances are high you'll like the series.


I must say, if your not a fan or simply didn't play the first Fire emblem for the gamecube (Path of Radiance) I'll place my bets you'll sell it to the nearest gamestop or black market. As best example for this I have an aquaintance whom I probably (don't remmember) crashed about how fun the game was after going it through the first time, as a result she bought the game and found herself utterly in dissapointment, pity I forgot she never played any of the "strategy", which consists in having your allies as strong as you can, originally portable game.
Sure, there are alot of critics about not only the game Radiant Dawn itself but the creation of the block unit selection in the widescreen instead of something Wii sportish or Twilight princessish, truth is, as much as I have liked both big screen fire emblems the effectiveness in my opinion takes its' role when being portable, as a matter of fact, the first release of the series directed itself to the GBA and till now many preffer the older series than the recent one.




Because I have the time and the interest to I'll rank them up critic in a not deep lengh each fire emblem I've played, starting from 6 with Roy.

I've played from the 6th to the 10th and it'd be hard to rank them up, aside from the 6th (which is definately last from the 5) 7 and 9 are drabbleing for the 1st place.
The fifth is what everybody wanted after playing SSBM and taking a liking in Roy is our boy, sure, the only thing out in the
market was somebody slightly more grown up than the red haired boy on the box ilustration spotlight and you could give it a try, but heck, we all simply wanted to play somebody we 'knew' about. The game is simply terrible and dissapointing, apart from being a entire bore were Edipo would have probably done something more interesting to change fates the games' story and characters were as instantly imagined and thought as if I had my eyes closed instead of focusing on the dialogue or anything fire emblem charming.
The story was never appealing to me nor the characters were remmembered after beating it as soon as I could, sure, it has our Roy beaing the center guy but believe me, characters such as link are really pretty to see with no dialogue, EXCUUUUUUSE what I said if any out there actually liked the things Roy drabbled from his pixeled mouth but it's just plain to see, the conversations were a entire bore, sure, I've only played to translated version by pc and what I read wasn't concetrated to annoy you (to the extent of making it dull) but that still really doesn't cover much the character design and general boredom area. In summary, which is a fire emblem with a entirely boring setting and world? It's Fire emblem the Sword of Seals from what I know and conclude. Why is it so boring? The characters are not appealing nor interesting (not neccesarily looking), and the story is highly predictable and development in this area is poor, the upgrade point mentioned earlier is not that bad, I haven't played any before fire emblem to make a comparison so that's out of my judgement, what I could probably conclude is that the class changing and stuff was pretty awesome news back then and the portable idea is great till now.
The only positive remark I can point out is the setting which shares the world with its' daddy in the storyline(blazing sword which appears later), though, if generally comparing both, blazing sword makes it much more interesting and fun to read and be interested at the world and general setting, a point I can remmember why my opinion stands like this is the way they create the gamers' link to their world more stronger, an example for this to happen is the map short drabbles or cities intros, stuff like that.

Score gives:

Story: 3/10

Characters: 4/10

Setting: 4/10

Upgrade: 7.5/10

Total: 18.5/40

0 comments:

Post a Comment